Share | 

Quick idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
devildriver1134
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 am

Whether or not I'm in the league, I had a quick idea. Once the league is switched over to the XBone, since it has direct streaming capabilities to Twitch, some games could possibly be live streamed. The Super Bowl, especially would be pretty cool to watch.
Streaming the drafts would also give people who aren't able to be there but may have computer or access to their cell phones to watch and have an idea of what's happening.
No clue if anyone else would be interested but I enjoy watching twitch a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:01 am

I'm more excited about the DVR feature for calling out cheesers. There will be no denying the video proof.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 am

too bad live streaming will not be available until next year on the xbox one…

twitch posted an announcement yesterday saying the service would be delayed until some time during the first quarter of next year…

Aside from Microsoft's continued failures to deliver on what they have advertised,
when the feature is up and running I think it will be great for sports games.

Plus everyone will be able to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am

Additional note: The PS4 live streams have been pretty fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:05 am

PROjECT_MjOLNlR wrote:
Additional note: The PS4 live streams have been pretty fun to watch.
As long as your system isn't bricked. 0.4% failure rate my ass. There is not a doubt in my mind it is closer to 3% or 4%, which when dealing with a million units that is a lot of pissed off people. My buddies was bricked out of the box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 am

Yea I heard something about that too. Happened to a lot of people. If my xbox one is broken out of the box I will be extremely upset because I got rid of my 360.

It is already a let down.
-No streaming at launch
-Weak launch titles (everything is already out for 360 - Madden, NBA, Ghosts, BF4, etc.)
-Does not work with my $220 Turtle Beachs
-No Turtle Beach headsets will be available at launch for Xbox One (XO 4, XO 7 delayed to Feb)
-Have not found any other comparable headsets (renders COD less enjoyable - sound is a big part of Ghosts imo)
-No solid battery solution for the controllers (don't see the point in having to plug in a wireless controller - the 3rd party charge stations come with NiMH batteries which decrease in life over time - my 360 ones lasted less than an hour)
-Sure there are more reasons (or will be)
Back to top Go down
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

PROjECT_MjOLNlR wrote:
Yea I heard something about that too. Happened to a lot of people. If my xbox one is broken out of the box I will be extremely upset because I got rid of my 360.

It is already a let down.
-No streaming at launch
-Weak launch titles (everything is already out for 360 - Madden, NBA, Ghosts, BF4, etc.)
-Does not work with my $220 Turtle Beachs
-No Turtle Beach headsets will be available at launch for Xbox One (XO 4, XO 7 delayed to Feb)
-Have not found any other comparable headsets (renders COD less enjoyable - sound is a big part of Ghosts imo)
-No solid battery solution for the controllers (don't see the point in having to plug in a wireless controller - the 3rd party charge stations come with NiMH batteries which decrease in life over time - my 360 ones lasted less than an hour)
-Sure there are more reasons (or will be)
Yea if mine is broke out of the box I'll be pissed.

Streaming doesn't bother me at launch because of the DVR and being able to upload and share those clips.

The launch titles are what they are. I am getting Ryse and Dead Rising which from what I heard the open world concept in dead rising is the first real use of the new next gen power of either system.

Headsets don't bother me much because I don't play many shooters outside Halo. I am sure over time though there will be plenty of secondary market items. The issue was they redesigned the controller which I was able to play with at a Microsoft store and it feels much better in your hand. They also added some more rumble zones for a more exact feel.

One of the key features I actually liked was the move towards an all in one entertainment system. The integration with the Kinnect from what I have heard and seen have been great. The "App" switching is almost seamless and much better than the way the PS4 does it. They will continue to partner with more people like the NFL offering better entertainment experiences like the live fantasy football scoring on screen during games.

Overall I am excited and not too worried about some of the early issues as history has shown this will probably be the hardware for the next 8 years so there will be plenty of time to grow.

Last edited by Au165 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Vader
Commissioner
Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

This is depressing to read. I want a next gen but I don't want a bricked console or worse. I think I'll continue to wait till next fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 am

Darth Vader wrote:
This is depressing to read. I want a next gen but I don't want a bricked console or worse. I think I'll continue to wait till next fall.
Well we haven't seen if Xbox will have any major issues( Some issues will come up but that is expected). Supposedly I heard the PS4 wasn't QA tested on each unit. I guess the PS3 had a sticker marking that it had but a few reports saying that the PS4 does not. Some are saying Sony was rushing to get it out before Xbox and basically did whatever they had to in order to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
markcam24
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

Quality?  Are you really bashing PS quality?  I have bought 3 Xbox 360s because of them breaking and have bought only 1 PS3.  The best predictor of future occurrences in past performance.  Everyone, yes, everyone, who bought an Xbox 360 within the first year of release encountered the RRoD and had to buy replacement Xbox's.  A vast majority of these flawed systems were not covered by warranty either.  I would much rather have a dead unit out of the box that can replaced for free over a disfunctional system that will break down the road.

I, too, will wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out and proper reviews can be wrote up before I make a decision on which one I'm going to be buying first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 am

markcam24 wrote:
Quality?  Are you really bashing PS quality?  I have bought 3 Xbox 360s because of them breaking and have bought only 1 PS3.  The best predictor of future occurrences in past performance.  Everyone, yes, everyone, who bought an Xbox 360 within the first year of release encountered the RRoD and had to buy replacement Xbox's.  A vast majority of these flawed systems were not covered by warranty either.  I would much rather have a dead unit out of the box that can replaced for free over a disfunctional system that will break down the road.

I, too, will wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out and proper reviews can be wrote up before I make a decision on which one I'm going to be buying first.
They had a standard they let slip, so yes their current quality is in questions. I am not even saying Xbox will be any better. My point was out of the box there are many units that are dead and won't be replaced for 2 months (number given by Sony to some users) because they were never tested in the factory.

My RROD was covered under warranty, so I am not real sure why yours wasn't. I was sent a new 360 in a few weeks after sending mine back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick idea   

Back to top Go down

Quick idea
Page 1 of 1