Doctor's League

Madden 25 Online Connected Careers League
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Rolling out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Voodoo dogg
Team Captain
Team Captain


Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm

I would like to clear something up and ask if I am wrong or missing something.
First I have a QB that has speed and great throw on the run trait. So of course I will play to his strengths, that's smart and what the nfl would do. So yes I roll out with him and yes if no one is open I will tuck it and run. I think that if you roll out it at least takes 2 seconds to get to he edge and if not open I take off to try to get something. Don't get me wrong i throw the ball away if no one is open and can't get a few yards. I take my fair share of sacks and sometimes a bad brow bc he throws across his body. I play to my strengths and that is a mobile QB. Vick does not have great accuracy traits, good but not great. My biggest run cam up the middle bc no one was open and the middle opened up. If I have that tool and it makes it harder to defend and scheme against a team that just means your def has to guess more.

Roll out if not open I should be able to try to get something. I know you think that my first plan was to run but that is not the case, pass first if not ill take what I can get. Is this not right? Thoughts please??? If I can't do this anyone want Vick?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franchisej
Co-Commissioner
Co-Commissioner


Posts : 341
Join date : 2012-12-07
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 pm

I can tell you I think it's a pain on the ass to defend, but with Vick rg3 Colin kap, it's to be expected. I know some plays are the qb running, but not a bunch. It is super easy to go 5 wide, send them in a streak, wait for the clear out, then run with the qb. Easy and kinda cheap. With that bein said, it's on the d to stop you. I don't like the tactic, but I can't say it should be banned, especially if that's what the qb does in real life. Of course madden Ai is retarded, making the qb run super easy. I say use it if that's how you choose to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Founder


Posts : 921
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 36
Location : TARDIS

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Voodoo dogg wrote:
I would like to clear something up and ask if I am wrong or missing something.
First I have a QB that has speed and great throw on the run trait. So of course I will play to his strengths, that's smart and what the nfl would do. So yes I roll out with him and yes if no one is open I will tuck it and run. I think that if you roll out it at least takes 2 seconds to get to he edge and if not open I take off to try to get something. Don't get me wrong i throw the ball away if no one is open and can't get a few yards. I take my fair share of sacks and sometimes a bad brow bc he throws across his body. I play to my strengths and that is a mobile QB. Vick does not have great accuracy traits, good but not great. My biggest run cam up the middle bc no one was open and the middle opened up. If I have that tool and it makes it harder to defend and scheme against a team that just means your def has to guess more.

Roll out if not open I should be able to try to get something. I know you think that my first plan was to run but that is not the case, pass first if not ill take what I can get. Is this not right? Thoughts please??? If I can't do this anyone want Vick?

You're allowed to roll out on designed QB run plays right away. Otherwise you have to wait that two seconds before leaving the pocket.

Also, it's not so much about guessing whether or not you're going to run with your QB. You can know it right away but the defense will still sit back there and watch you do it if you don't user them to move forward. It's kind of like throwing a TE streak. The game mechanics just don't keep up with it and it needs fixed. IF you take two seconds before rolling out of a passing play you've at least tried to look for an option.

____________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://docmadden.forumotion.com
Csgt Burgo
Trade Council
Trade Council
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2012-11-30
Age : 28
Location : San Bernardino, CA

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:52 pm

I have scrambled before. I don't roll right out unless it's a bootleg PA or pocket is broken. I take sacks and throw away. I force passes maybe 3% of the time. Scrambling is usually the last resort. I may roll out and fake the scramble to drag a LB off a receiver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voodoo dogg
Team Captain
Team Captain


Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:26 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Voodoo dogg wrote:
I would like to clear something up and ask if I am wrong or missing something.
First I have a QB that has speed and great throw on the run trait. So of course I will play to his strengths, that's smart and what the nfl would do. So yes I roll out with him and yes if no one is open I will tuck it and run. I think that if you roll out it at least takes 2 seconds to get to he edge and if not open I take off to try to get something. Don't get me wrong i throw the ball away if no one is open and can't get a few yards. I take my fair share of sacks and sometimes a bad brow bc he throws across his body. I play to my strengths and that is a mobile QB. Vick does not have great accuracy traits, good but not great. My biggest run cam up the middle bc no one was open and the middle opened up. If I have that tool and it makes it harder to defend and scheme against a team that just means your def has to guess more.

Roll out if not open I should be able to try to get something. I know you think that my first plan was to run but that is not the case, pass first if not ill take what I can get. Is this not right? Thoughts please??? If I can't do this anyone want Vick?

You're allowed to roll out on designed QB run plays right away. Otherwise you have to wait that two seconds before leaving the pocket.

Also, it's not so much about guessing whether or not you're going to run with your QB. You can know it right away but the defense will still sit back there and watch you do it if you don't user them to move forward. It's kind of like throwing a TE streak. The game mechanics just don't keep up with it and it needs fixed. IF you take two seconds before rolling out of a passing play you've at least tried to look for an option.

I don't get waiting 2 seconds, I used to be a qb and my playbook was alot of rollout/bootleg left or right. It let my wrs get more time to get open. So why in this instance would I want my qb to wait 2 seconds. Lets the de get the edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Csgt Burgo
Trade Council
Trade Council
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2012-11-30
Age : 28
Location : San Bernardino, CA

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Because like stated, a 5 WR streaks would be big yards each time if you waited a second because the AI is horrible at picking up the QB. Mechanics of 11 Human brains is ALOT better than the AI of a game. Some things you have to take with a grain of salt and some you have to use responsibly. I played TE and FS/ILB and I know all about bootlegs and roll-outs. The 2 seconds is there to keep things in check, not really deter you from performing well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor
Founder


Posts : 921
Join date : 2012-11-29
Age : 36
Location : TARDIS

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Csgt Burgo wrote:
Because like stated, a 5 WR streaks would be big yards each time if you waited a second because the AI is horrible at picking up the QB. Mechanics of 11 Human brains is ALOT better than the AI of a game. Some things you have to take with a grain of salt and some you have to use responsibly. I played TE and FS/ILB and I know all about bootlegs and roll-outs. The 2 seconds is there to keep things in check, not really deter you from performing well.

^-- This. It has nothing to do with how you personally are playing. I understand rolling out with Vick. It's just that the AI is specifically horrible at picking up that type of play and it's easy to get a gain almost every single time. It's like throwing to your TE multiple times or throwing to your WRs on hook routes. 90% of the time the AI is just going to let you do it. I'm not trying to hinder your gameplay. I'm trying to protect everyone else's. If you're conservative with it I doubt anyone will complain. I certainly wouldn't throw away your QB just because you have to alter the plan a little.

____________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://docmadden.forumotion.com
Voodoo dogg
Team Captain
Team Captain


Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Ok so I get that doing 5 wr set and scrambling would taking advantage of the AI, when I roll out it is almost always from an I formation or strong or something close like that. I do it bc it gives my wr time to get seperation. If I have to drop back first, wait 2 seconds I will. Not having bootleg with the option to pull it down and run will suck bc I'll have to throw the ball away right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Csgt Burgo
Trade Council
Trade Council
avatar

Posts : 114
Join date : 2012-11-30
Age : 28
Location : San Bernardino, CA

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Voodoo dogg wrote:
Ok so I get that doing 5 wr set and scrambling would taking advantage of the AI, when I roll out it is almost always from an I formation or strong or something close like that. I do it bc it gives my wr time to get seperation. If I have to drop back first, wait 2 seconds I will. Not having bootleg with the option to pull it down and run will suck bc I'll have to throw the ball away right?

I don't know about you but I have ALOT of bootlegs and plays where the QB either rolls out or drifts (most PA but alot of normal passes too) and I do utilize them at times. I'm not an expert here but I don't think the problem is so much the rolling as is the scrambling aspect. I have played against people who did roll out on every play (but not scrambled) and been perfectly fine with it, and I have seen people who drop back 15 yards total. Personally, I don't see a problem as you aren't using it to scramble alot. Even if it is sim it's a broken mechanic. At FS/ILB I had 60% of my plays where I spied the QB waiting for him to leave the pocket at all. Short of zones (which are easily beaten) or manning a player, rolling out and scrambling is way too strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChadKrueger1981
Trade Council
Trade Council


Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:17 pm

I understand utilizing your strengths and what not but it seems even guys like Eli and Slower QB's are using this technique to get easy yards. You can basically on every pass play do that and get a ton of yards .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
callmetheguy
Trade Council
Trade Council
avatar

Posts : 356
Join date : 2013-01-04
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:34 pm

ChadKrueger1981 wrote:
I understand utilizing your strengths and what not but it seems even guys like Eli and Slower QB's are using this technique to get easy yards. You can basically on every pass play do that and get a ton of yards .
This was left over from last season actually, but people should still be aware not to insta roll out every play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rolling out!   

Back to top Go down
 
Rolling out!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Happy Birthday Rolling Thunder...
» Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
» Vision's Random Thread of Stumbling
» OMFG A WILD BELLSPROUT APPEARED
» Scion FRS shell for sale

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor's League :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: