Doctor's League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor's League

Madden 25 Online Connected Careers League

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any suggestions on getting open?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iLLmaculate 0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Any suggestions on getting open? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm having trouble getting guys open, as everyone in Madden 13 runs Man press. I have searched far and wide for playbooks and the Saints is the best I could find - it's still no good. How do I get guys open? I understand mismatch concepts, nothing seems to work. I could have a 95+ speed WR on a LB with low speed and the guy will still blanket him. It's not just in the league either, it's every game of madden I play online no matter my receivers. I just don't get it.

On the flip side, how do you cover receivers if you can't press? I don't even use my defensive backs and they are always on a 5 yard window with the receiver regardless of what type of play I run, yet everyone else has unstoppable blanket D. What am I doing wrong? I just don't get it. I know I just basically told everyone how to stop anything I CAN actually do by just using press coverage all game, but I'm just sick of having to throw interceptions constantly because of it.

Things I've tried:
Timed Curl Routes
Out Routes
Zigs
FADE (NEVER works)
Drags

The only thing that works is when I user catch a curl route by timing it just right, but then everyone complains that it's a rocket catch. Running is not an answer anymore as people can pretty well tell where you're running to and the blocking is so terrible in this game. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
callmetheguy
Trade Council
Trade Council
callmetheguy

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:00 am

Something that helped me greatly was the actual ingame practice. I spent hours running every play in my playbook against the default cover2 man you will see most users run 80% of the time. Pick a good defense (usually pick the 49ers), have them pick a cover2 man with as many CBs as you have WRs, then try different plays. You will probably be surprised how many plays actually get guys open with NO hot routes. Double moves work well against man for sure. The default hot routes in the game are NOT very good against man. The out can work after the initial bump, if your guy has pretty good route so the CB doesn't jump it for a TD. Slants usually have to be thrown open, unless you have a big wr with good release who will toss the guy aside and be wide open (fitzgerald for instance does this alot). Also, the TE is your friend for man coverage. TE out for example is almost always open vs man. TE streaks are super bugged defensively and are hard to stop outside usering them. TE corner routes tend to work, more so if your TE is somewhat fast and/or good route runner.

Also, don't give up on the run either. Even when it is not working, still slip in some runs just to keep the defense honest. If your opponent is pass committing every play, your kind of in trouble if you can't run. If they are just playing normal man coverage, draws work very well. Stretch plays are good if you can elude the mlb users, or you can run from them or they get caught up in traffic. Certain counters work almost to well.

Ive been where you are man, its frustrating. If you look in general, you will see I posted last season about sucking and needing help. The best thing I ever did was practice against good defense, and find out what plays work against man. Then figure out some anti zone plays, and you will find your passing doing a lot better. My QB is having a pretty retarded season this year lol. Good luck my man.
Back to top Go down
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:27 am

Unfortunately a lot of the issue is ball hawk is ridiculously over powered so even if you beat the Cb he always picks it off. It is also frustrating so many people run nothing but man press all game. slants and drags work well enough to annoy a guy enough to quit pressing. I'll also run my guys with good release on go routes and try to beat them once or twice to get the to back off.
Back to top Go down
Franchisej
Co-Commissioner
Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:43 am

Natural fade routes, not those called by a hot route, hardly get bumped for some reason. Timing your throw is key as well. You gotta hit the receiver just as the cut is made, leading the throw. Motioning your wr will also back off the d. Relying on your 3 or 4 receiver more so than your 1 and 2 is helpful. Hot route streaks with a well timed lob is effective too.

It is more than possible to deal with man coverage.

Also, you should never give up on the running game, especially with McFadden as your back
Back to top Go down
iLLmaculate 0ne
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Franchisej wrote:
Natural fade routes, not those called by a hot route, hardly get bumped for some reason. Timing your throw is key as well. You gotta hit the receiver just as the cut is made, leading the throw. Motioning your wr will also back off the d. Relying on your 3 or 4 receiver more so than your 1 and 2 is helpful. Hot route streaks with a well timed lob is effective too.

Also, you should never give up on the running game, especially with McFadden as your back

Well, you're the first person here that has actually completely jumped and known every run play. I think part of the issue was that the Oakland playbook just sucks. I usually have been using the Saints which is real good to me. You probably noticed I was trying to practice at the timing with my throws, got it a few times, just can't do it consistently. The curl routes seem to work the best right now. It probably doesn't help that outside of Titus Young, I feel like my receivers are pretty bad all around.

Even when I used the Falcons in unranked matches though, I can't even come close to breaking a press. I mean, I would think Julio Jones or Roddy White would be able to. I don't know, hopefully they adjust it in the next Madden.

You whooped me Franchise, but that wasn't the reason behind the post, it was a build up lol Good game.
Back to top Go down
Franchisej
Co-Commissioner
Co-Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm

iLLmaculate 0ne wrote:
Franchisej wrote:

Well, you're the first person here that has actually completely jumped and known every run play. I think part of the issue was that the Oakland playbook just sucks. I usually have been using the Saints which is real good to me. You probably noticed I was trying to practice at the timing with my throws, got it a few times, just can't do it consistently. The curl routes seem to work the best right now. It probably doesn't help that outside of Titus Young, I feel like my receivers are pretty bad all around.

Even when I used the Falcons in unranked matches though, I can't even come close to breaking a press. I mean, I would think Julio Jones or Roddy White would be able to. I don't know, hopefully they adjust it in the next Madden.

You whooped me Franchise, but that wasn't the reason behind the post, it was a build up lol Good game.

You definetly started strong, but my strategy is to make you throw. I feel like I can stop the pass easier than I can the run. As for jumping your run, it was just luck...I struggle against the run. You had more than a few plays where your recievers were open, but towards the end I started to notice the play calls. Certain formations meant you were gonna do certain routes. That's why the run is so important. Just do your best to build up stats on your recievers and you'll do fine. Release, elusiveness, acceleration, catch in traffic, route running are a few. Don't waste points on awareness, my best receiver has 32 awareness and does great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions on getting open?   Any suggestions on getting open? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions on getting open?
Page 1 of 1