Doctor's League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor's League

Madden 25 Online Connected Careers League

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

XBox Problems..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Doctor
Founder

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:24 pm

So I was going to stick around for a while and finish out the season and draft, maybe play more. But since last year I've been getting hardware problems sometimes when I turn on my Xbox. Today it outright refused to play any games I have on disc and it seems it has finally given out on me. I can still play the games I've downloaded but that's pretty much it. Sad So it looks like I'm going to be forcibly retired now. I'll still be around taking care of the website and helping out. Hoping to get an Xbox One for Christmas, or at least a replacement Xbox 360. We'll see what happens there. As of right now I can't afford to replace the system I've got.

Just wanted to let you guys know what's going on. Maybe I can come back once I get the problem fixed but for now I'm unable to play any games or take care of my team. I'm still available here on the site to help with any problems and help update things. I don't want Darth to have to do it all alone.
Back to top Go down
https://docmadden.forumotion.com
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:03 am

You could try downloading the game to your hard drive from the disc if you ever find a time it actually reads it. It sounds like the optical sensor may be going dead.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am

That was actually the first thing I tried, both for Madden 25 and Black Ops II. Neither one worked. Might be the sensor. Even so, sometimes when I turn on the XBox I get a redring and have to shut it off and reinsert the hard drive just to get it to go to the dashboard.
Back to top Go down
Franchisej
Co-Commissioner
Co-Commissioner

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 am

In the early versions of the 360 if you got the red rings of death there was a trick that worked to get it to work.

It's gonna sound kinda weird, but if you wrap the xbox in a blanket and turn it on, it'll over heat and start working. Again, this worked when I had version 1, the white xbox.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 am

I'll give that a try but my team is already gone now.
Back to top Go down
Darth Vader
Commissioner
Commissioner
Darth Vader

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:01 pm

That's not going to fix his lens not reading disks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XBox Problems.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: XBox Problems..   XBox Problems.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XBox Problems..
Page 1 of 1