Doctor's League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor's League

Madden 25 Online Connected Careers League

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Defiance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Doctor
Founder

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Bought it and love it. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else plays or is thinking of playing it. Hit me up.

TV series looks pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
https://docmadden.forumotion.com
priestmvp
Veteran
Veteran
priestmvp

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Been curious about that game. Was seeing mixed reviews on it. Looked interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 pm

The mixed reviews are mostly because of game and server bugs early on. It's been improved on a lot since then. Also, they add new missions every week based on what's happening in the show. They interact with each other. It's a really cool concept.
Back to top Go down
SumOfficial
Veteran
Veteran

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 pm

My honest opinion on the game is that it is a pretty good MMPG for the console. My biggest concern is that every area looks the same. The enemies are all the same and the missions are even the same. I'm level 279 I think and have become bored of it. It just feels very repetitive. I am hoping with the updates they change some things about it.
Back to top Go down
priestmvp
Veteran
Veteran
priestmvp

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah seemed like a pretty ambitious title. At least it sounds like the company is listening to the consumers and constantly working to improve it.
Back to top Go down
SumOfficial
Veteran
Veteran

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 pm

That is the only reason I kept the game. They are constantly putting out updates and patching all of the flaws they come across. I also like that because of how terrible the servers were at the beginning they gave everyone a bunch of extra stuff to level up quicker. They do care about their product and how the public is reacting to everything.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Yeah, I think what's there now is just kind of their main base. They'll gradually add new areas, new enemies and different missions. Especially if they actually keep the game going as long as the series does, which I think is the plan. (Though I'm sure at some point we'll have to buy expansion packs to get new content on down the road)
Back to top Go down
Csgt Burgo
Trade Council
Trade Council
Csgt Burgo

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:01 am

The Doctor wrote:
Especially if they actually keep the game going as long as the series does, which I think is the plan.
Well it's not looking too well with other shows of the somewhat same genre. Look at Terra Nova. I really liked the show and the premise but it got cancelled after one season. I like the idea and concept of this show too but I think $65 is a bit too high on there til I find out if it's going to die in 2 months.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am

Csgt Burgo wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Especially if they actually keep the game going as long as the series does, which I think is the plan.
Well it's not looking too well with other shows of the somewhat same genre. Look at Terra Nova. I really liked the show and the premise but it got cancelled after one season. I like the idea and concept of this show too but I think $65 is a bit too high on there til I find out if it's going to die in 2 months.

Terra Nova didn't get the advertising it should have. They advertised the hell out of Defiance. It even has its own category on the main menu of Comcast's On Demand feature. As long as they keep the story interesting I think it will be fine. If it lasts more than one season I'll be happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 am

I heard the cost of production was just absurd which was part of the issue with it getting canceled.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:50 am

In either case, if Revolution can keep going without getting cancelled so can Defiance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defiance   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance    Defiance   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defiance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor's League :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: