Doctor's League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor's League

Madden 25 Online Connected Careers League

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game scheduling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Voodoo dogg
Team Captain
Team Captain

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 am

Ok so I have an issue with game scheduling. I near it a lot that oh I sent texts to my opponent but he never replied. I don't know what is going on and why texts don't go thru sometimes. I personally don't go on xbl every single day, yes maybe 5 of the 7 days during the week but sometimes with kids and wife I have other priorities. So what I a asking is if on the site we could post like a week 13 games thread, is way ppl can post:
Vikings v Bears
Hey bears when can you play? I am available after 5 est.

I then go log in and see the post the Vikings put and reply. I log into the website every day and it is easier.
Then under game scheduling do the same for next week. I don't know what but the texts is not reliable. I reply to envying I get and if I don't it's back didn't get anything.
Back to top Go down
Darth Vader
Commissioner
Commissioner
Darth Vader

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:13 am

scheduling games goes both ways bro. you didn't contact me neither were you online yesterday. I admit there was a 9 were and 8 should have been in your phone number and thats my bad.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:51 am

Thing is, I don't have time to make the different threads and topics for each week like that. And then I'd have to get on people to use it and punish them when they don't.  It would add a new dimension of pain-in-the-ass for me.

Also, I've never missed a text or had one disappear. It's been the most reliable form of communication throughout all my leagues.
Back to top Go down
https://docmadden.forumotion.com
Au165
League Admin
League Admin

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:09 pm

More Annoying is in 13 weeks I have only had one or two people contact me I have to contact all my opponents. I normally do it the night of the previous advance or the day after, yet no one ever tries to contact me first. I actually forgot one week and contacted the guy on day before advance and he said he was wondering when I'd contact him. As it has been said it should go both ways the other people should be trying to get hold of their opponent as well.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Founder

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I try hard to stress that but that's why I'm making people post their text numbers now. That way even if they don't get a hold of you you've got a way to contact them. I know it sucks that only a few people really keep on it. There's just not much else I can do there.
Back to top Go down
https://docmadden.forumotion.com
markcam24
Veteran
Veteran
markcam24

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Au165 wrote:
More Annoying is in 13 weeks I have only had one or two people contact me I have to contact all my opponents. I normally do it the night of the previous advance or the day after, yet no one ever tries to contact me first. I actually forgot one week and contacted the guy on day before advance and he said he was wondering when I'd contact him. As it has been said it should go both ways the other people should be trying to get hold of their opponent as well.
You're always going to have this problem man. You'd have the same issue if there were a scheduling thread. This year seems to be a lot better than last years league when I was in it for my games at least. It's been about 50/50 for mine while last year I felt the same way you do now. I think the texting is by far the best way to get it accomplished that I have seen and in my other league we do have a dedicated scheduling thread that is mandatory to use. It just seems to take longer to get replies back on it than texting does.

Also, there is an Xbox live app and website you can check for Live messages so you don't have to log on to the box to check them.

I wish I could just take 1/2 the people from this league and 1/2 the people from my other league and make one great league with all active owners but it just never works out that way.
Back to top Go down
Voodoo dogg
Team Captain
Team Captain

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:26 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Thing is, I don't have time to make the different threads and topics for each week like that. And then I'd have to get on people to use it and punish them when they don't.  It would add a new dimension of pain-in-the-ass for me.

Also, I've never missed a text or had one disappear. It's been the most reliable form of communication throughout all my leagues.

I'm just trying to give something else a try, not create more stress. I think it would take stress away. If you just once created a scheduling thread and added a week 1, week 2, week 3 and on and on then everyone could go in and post to there opponent. So if I had the vikings this week I can just go in the subject would be Vikings @ Bears. Then I would ask when his available and put my availability.
I just know that for me,I get on the site on my phone a few times a day bc it is right there. If you have the madden 25 website you can see who you play or anyone can just copy and paste from there to the thread. Heck if create a weekly schedule thread I will go in and post the weekly schedule so everyone can see who they play, then everyone can go into that week and create a new topic under it and use the subj opponent v opponent. If you and everyone don't agree then ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game scheduling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game scheduling    Game scheduling  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game scheduling
Page 1 of 1